Good morning brethren
There are 5 major works of grace that the Gospel imparts to those who will receive it. None of which are insignificant in the life of those who really believe that there is a God, and that there is also a day of reckoning for the life that one lived, whether good or evil.
When Jesus called Paul to preach the gospel, he called him to preach to both Jew and Gentile one message according to his own words, " Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." (Acts 20:21)
When giving his testimony of his conversion to king Agrippa in Acts 26, he said more or less the same thing, but included within his appeal what the Lord had said that the Gospel would Do for all those who would have "Repentance towards God", and put there faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. These things are so Significant when you consider the Grace of God towards all who truly do want, not only to be "Saved" in time to come, but also want to Walk at Liberty from the oppression that Sin and Satin brings within their lives Every Day !
Oh that men could only See how Marvelous the offer Grace is towards them by Receiving Christ as their Personal Saviour.
Hear what Jesus said to Paul according to his own words, " But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee; Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee, To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."
The Gospel brings 5 most Wonderful Graces to those who receive it :
(1) The power of Spiritual understanding of the things of God (like your Bible, 1Cor. 2:1-16 ; Eph. 1:15-23)
(2) A new life of which will please God and bring Peace to you and your conscience. (2Cor. 5:17 ; Eph. 5:8-10; Rom. 6:17-18)
(3) Freedom from the Bondage of the Devil and his Power over your life and way of thinking. (2Tim. 2:24-26 ;John 8:34-36)
(4) Forgiveness of your sins ( Hallelujah !)
(5) An Inheritance in the Saints (Unbelievable, that We are Immediately made worthy of all the glories of which God is going to bestow upon the redeemed at the moment they Believe ! How Wonderful Can It Be ??? And Yet, Peter also says that it is so! “ Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. Wherein ye greatly rejoice,"(1Peter 1:3-6)
Brethren, I grieve for those who think that they are going to "lose" so much if they become a Christian, when really They are going to Lose So Much By Not Being One !
No wonder Paul calls the Gospel, " Glorious"
Lord bless you children
Five Works of Grace That the Gospel Imparts
Good morning brethren